Home Health Care
York General Home Health offers a broad range of services that support clients in their own home. It can serve as an alternative to hospitalization or nursing home placement. Medicare coverage is available to individuals certified by their physicians as home bound and in need of skilled services.
Medicare definition of home-bound:
- The individual can leave his/her home only for short periods of time and only for medical appointments, special occasions, or religious services.
- Great effort is required for the individual to leave the home.
- The individual needs assistance to walk with a cane, walker, or wheelchair.
- Individuals are not considered homebound if they can effortlessly walk or drive a vehicle.
Services provided by York General Home Health include (but are not limited to) the following:
Skilled Nursing Care
- Wound Care
- Post hospital/surgical care
- Chronic disease management
- Laboratory specimen collection
- IV Therapy
- Compliance with various treatments
- Medication review and instruction
Assistance with Activities of Daily Living
- Bathing/personal care
- Range of motion
- Light housework
- Post hospital surgical care strengthening
- Performance of activities of daily living
- Fine motor development
- Functional assessments
- Swallowing therapy
- Speech/language rehabilitation
- Memory development techniques
Additional Services by Referral
- Lifeline emergency alert device
- Private-duty care
- Homemaker/companion services
- Flu and pneumonia immunizations
York General Home Health is located at 2319 N. Lincoln Avenue, York, Nebraska.
For more information call 402-362-1444.