Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
York General Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation services provide coordinated interventions that optimize the patient’s physical, psychosocial and social functioning. A team of healthcare professionals works with each patient to become physically stronger and reduce the risk factors of further complications.
Cardiac Rehabilitation is for individuals having experienced any of the following events or conditions:
- Angioplasty & stent insertion
- Bypass graft surgery
- Heart transplant
- Myocardial infarction
- Valve surgery
Key issues addressed in Cardiac Rehabilitation are:
- Balancing lipid levels
- Blood pressure management
- Depression management
- Medication reviews
- Nutrition counseling
- Physical activity
- Smoking cessation
- Weight maintenance or reduction
The goal of York General Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation is to implement a plan based on individual needs that will help patients become healthier and maintain a healthy heart.
A physician referral is necessary to being participation in both programs.
Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation is located on the second floor of the York General Medical Office Building at 2114 N Lincoln Avenue, York, NE
Hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 5:00 pm.
For more information call 402-362-0462.
Pulmonary Rehabilitation is for individuals with chronic lung disease which may include:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Cystic fibrosis
- Lung transplant
At Pulmonary Rehab the program is individually tailored to optimize physical and social well being and can help patients:
- Become physically stronger, exercise for life
- Quit smoking
- Learn about their lungs and improve breathing techniques
- Increase exercise tolerance
- Decrease shortness of breath
- Cope with feelings of fear or apprehension
- Understand the medication they take