Primary duties of CNAs are as:
- Provide assistance with activities of daily living
- Assist with restorative care measures
- Provide range of motion exercises
- Assist with ambulation
- Document Care provided
- Report observations to professional nurses
- Respond to call lights
- Assist with admission/discharge of residents and patients
- Assist other staff members with resident care
- Assist with activities
- Launder resident’s personal items
- Assist with cleaning/care of resident rooms
Want to work in medicine?
Many medical professional programs require that you complete a set number direct patient care hours. Becoming a CNA is a great way to earn direct patient care hours while you’re in high school, college, and beyond!
1. Become a CNA!
- York General Hearthstone hosts CNA courses occasionally, but check out the websites below for more options in the area:
- Nurse Aide and Medication Aide Training Calendar (nehca.org)
- Community & Industry Class Search | Central Community College (cccneb.edu)
- Nursing Assistant (southeast.edu)
2. Apply at York General Hearthstone!
- We’ll reimburse you for the course!
3. Work with us! Rack up those direct patient care hours so you can get into your professional program.
For more information, call Human Resources at (402) 362-0479.